Sigh. Attempting to be fashion forward, or avant-garde, or whatever, Patricia Field has gone and created an ensemble of total ugliness for her star Lucy Liu. Here are some photos of Lucy and character actor Wallace Shawn filming for Cashmere Mafia in a New York City dog park.
Lucy Liu in O Magazine November 13, 2007
Lucy Liu gets covered in black for this month’s issue of O Magazine. Plugging Cashmere Mafia, whose premiere has been postponed due to the WGA strike, Lucy dolls up in lots of little black dresses from Lanvin, Peter Som, BCBG, Prada, Chaiken, and L’Wren Scott. All that black (apparently a favorite of Lucy’s) gets a little tiresome, but she still looks beautiful! Here are some snippets from the photo captions in the spread.
- Will Cashmere Mafia ever compare to Sex and the City? “It’s terrifying! I don’t know that we can ever live up to that.”
- Does Lucy Liu have underlying Gothic tendencies? “The girls in my Midwestern college dorm had no black in their closets. That was all I had in mine — how could you live without black? To me it was shocking.”
- She really loves black clothing. “I like the way black silhouettes fit you so perfectly. You can leave your face and hair clean and just let the gorgeous dress or coat stand out.”
- Or…maybe she’s just lazy? “Her ‘uniform’ lately has been black three-quarter jeans, an interesting shirt or tee, and a wide belt with a big, handsome buckle by Jack Rabbit.”
- Lucy’s trying to blaze her own trails in Hollywood. She “has fought hard not to be limited to ‘exotic’ roles. Although her Chinese heritage is important to her (she’s producing a movie based on the Charlie Chan films of the ’30s), so is a melting-pot philosophy. ‘Color-blind casting is more in vogue now,’ she says, ‘but it hasn’t been an easy journey.'”
- She’s also an artist-humanitarian. “She’s sensitive to craftsmanship and design — her oils and collages will be shown in Munich next year as a benefit for Unicef, which she works for as a children’s ambassador.”
Lucy Liu Aces Her Outfit November 6, 2007
The Accessories Council hosted its annual ACE Awards last night at Cipriani in New York. Lucy Liu was there, looking like the bomb. No idea what she was wearing, but it looks great!
Cashmere Mafia Promos October 16, 2007
Promotional photos for Cashmere Mafia have come out, and here are a couple that had Lucy Liu in ’em. She looks kinda lonely in that mix, but I guess that’s how it is sometimes. Enjoy!
Lucy Liu’s New Man October 5, 2007
Lucy Liu continued shooting for Cashmere Mafia in NYC yesterday, and she showed up with a new man! He is actor Jack Yang, and I have to say, he looks really good with Lucy. Lucy doesn’t look to bad herself, despite the striped lamé number she has on. I kind of like the whole ensemble. Check out all the pix below!
Lucy Liu is a Scotch girl October 2, 2007
Lucy Liu turned up at an event for the launch of Chivas Regal’s new luxury old scotch whiskey. She said, “It’s my honour
to come here tonight, it’s a beautiful event.” Lifetime of free booze for that line?
Other H&N folks were there, too (is Scotch an H&N favorite?). From Bollywood, Karan Johar, and model Deepika Padukone, as well as actor Daniel Wu. Wu who? Yes, you just take a look and you’ll be wuing his way, too.